Monday, April 11, 2011

Review of my Honda PCX

It's been slightly more than a month riding on my new Honda PCX.

In comparison to the BBDC 2B learner bike:
- the height of seat is about the same as those normal cut seats (I'm about 1.6m tall, and find the seat height of Honda PCX just nice)
- the handling of the bike feels lighter
- definitely much easier to operate since this is an auto transmission motorcycle
- side mirrors are larger, so it provides easier safety check
- thighs do not get heated up as easily on the pcx
- power in terms of speed of acceleration feels the same
- feeling of engine power at low speed is lower though, probably because it's an auto bike

My other likes about Honda PCX:
- good fuel efficiency at about 45km/litre
- more environmentally friendly with its idle-stop technology. I do not find this feature disruptive at all, engine does get started instantly with throttle twist, sometimes I did not even realise that the engine has been turned off
- large underseat storage space
- very nice, bright and visible headlight and signal lights
- decent speed, reach and maintain at 80km/hr easily and without much strenuous engine roar (just FYI, I've been able to reach 100km/hr easily too)
- low noise during engine start up

My dislike about the Honda PCX:
- the underseat storage space, despite being large, can't fit in my full face helmet! :(
- no hook below the handle for hanging of stuffs like bags of groceries (I notice quite a few of the other scooters have such hooks)

Okies, I'll update again with some pictures of my Honda PCX. :)

2 comments:

  1. hi babe,just visited your blog and find your info very useful (as i'm also deciding whether to buy honda pcx)
    Any dealers u would recommend to get this resale pcx,in terms of good pricing and servicing??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm a "kiasi" type :(, so my pcx has been serviced by Boon Siew. They will provide with a detail breakdown in a receipt of what have been changed, so it's easier to keep track of. If you are a technically-savvy rider, you can check out bike shops too, I believe there are many reliable ones too. Before you visit them, probably can just call first to ask if they are knowledgeable about the PCX. I've not seen much resale PCX though.

      Delete